The full of HTML is Hyper Text Markup language. HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages and web applications. The inventor of HTML is Tim Berners-Lee and invented in 1990.
History of HTML:
The history of hypertext markup language is a strange and interesting tale. From its simple start as an online subset of SGML through political maneuverings of the huge browser companies to its current piecemeal – but growing – compatibility, the language has weathered a storm of growth, abuse, and innovation. Recently, the battle for control of the standard has focused on functionality. Microsoft and Netscape are both touting W3C compliance as a crucial marketing advantage. And the work being done on the latest HTML draft shows there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
The idea behind HTML was a modest one. When Tim Berners-Lee was putting together his first elementary browsing and authoring system for the Web, he created a quick little hypertext language that would serve his purposes. He imagined dozens, or even hundreds, of hypertext formats in the future, and smart clients that could easily negotiate and translate documents from servers across the Net. It would be a system similar to Claris XTND on the Macintosh, but would work on any platform and browser. The problem, however, turned out to be in the simplicity of Berners-Lee’s language. Since it was text-based, we could use any editor or word processor to create or convert documents for the Web. And there was just a handful of tags – anyone could master HTML in an afternoon. The Web flourished.
Advantages of HTML:
- Very useful for beginners in web designing field.
- It allows the use of templates, which makes designing a webpage easy.
- Every browser supports HTML language.
- Easy to learn and use.
- It is widely used.
- It is by default in every windows so you don’t need to purchase extra software.
- We can develop an e-Commerce website and sell it to Government firms.
- We can also design a professional website and publish it over net and earn money.
Disadvantages of HTML:
- HTML can create only static and plain pages so if we need dynamic pages then HTML is not useful.
- Need to write lot of code for making simple webpage.
- Security features are not good in HTML.
- If we need to write long code for making a webpage then it produces some complexity.
- It is not responsive.
Is HTML really important? Why?
Yes, HTML is really very important because without HTML, a browser would not know how to display text as elements or load images or other elements. By using HTML, we can interpret and compose text, images, and other material into visual or audible web pages. It describes the structure of a web page semantically. It also creates electronic documents that are displayed on the World Wide Web.
Main uses of HTML: